We are really delighted to welcome our new interns to the Just One Ocean family. Taela-Rae and Lucy have finished their degrees at University of Portsmouth (with 1st Class Honours we hasten to add!!) and are going to be getting some hands on experience in the organisation. They have already been involved in our Big Microplastic Survey project working with the FT-IR scanner to analyse samples of microplastics that have been sent in by volunteers on the programme. They have also undertaken their first ‘plastic presentation’ to a formidable audience of children at a local primary school. Later this month they will be running a microplastic survey in a really contaminated area on Hayling Island and we will let you know how that goes after the event.
- Crown of Thorns research project April 3, 2021
- Trawl fishing ban off Sussex coast to protect Kelp forests March 23, 2021
- Bottom trawling is as bad for the planet as air travel March 18, 2021
- Want to know more about our microplastic project? Check out these videos February 25, 2021
- How shipping can have an impact on Whales February 8, 2021