Health and Safety on the day …
Undertaking a beach survey is not particularly hazardous, but we want you to stay safe and though you are a volunteer we still have a duty of care. A few things to think about:
- It may be cold and wet! Please dress accordingly, it is going to be a few hours work outside and it is going ahead come rain or shine.
- It can be quite slippery in places so wear some boots with grip.
- Stay away from the mud! If you are sinking try and find an area that has firmer ground.
- If you want to eat during the survey you might want to wash your hands if you have been handling sediment and plastic, or use a handwash. Supervisors on the day will have some handwash if you need it.
- Please let us know if you have any pre-existing medical conditions that you think we should be aware of, such as allergies which could cause anaphylaxis.
PLEASE WATCH THE FILM BELOW AND THEN COMPLETE THE FORM TO LET US KNOW THAT YOU HAVE SEEN IT AND READ THE ADVICE ABOVE